Monday, December 28, 2009

I have a Toshiba Satellite LS25-S1192. I notice that on some occasions my runs hot and shuts off..?

Most times, but not at all times, it does this while I am watching streaming video, like Prison Break on MySpace or tv shows on ABC.com. The battery just gets really hot. The last time I checked, my laptop was listed on the recall list. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.



I have a Toshiba Satellite LS25-S1192. I notice that on some occasions my runs hot and shuts off..?

First of all, try using the laptop with direct source, while the battery is removed. It could be that you think that the battery is getting hot but in fact it could be the CPU. In that case you could use some compressed air to clean the cooling system without opening the laptop. Make sure it is turned off when you do that.



You need to check once again if the battery on your laptop is on a recall list, not your computer. I have a Dell and they have a site where you type in the serial number of the battery and it tells you if it is eligible for recall. Toshiba should have the same thing.



I have a Toshiba Satellite LS25-S1192. I notice that on some occasions my runs hot and shuts off..?

if your laptop is on the recall list then i would take it to where you got it from and demand(nicely) a new battery!! there have been instances of laptop batteries on certain models catching fire which is why they get banned from certain airliners. but DON'T PANIC!! if you are using it at home then run it off the mains and take battery off as this will stop the battery having a constant charge put through it and could be half your problem anyway, plus the battery will live longer this way too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
phone